Saturday, September 1, 2012

Dresses I Must Make

Waiting rooms are not conducive to witty blog posts, as they usually involve one's nerves being on edge. So here are some fabulous frocks that are on my fantasy to do list...
ZOMG! Zone front!
I like the zone front on this and the fabric colors. I wish I could find more pictures of this gown from different angles.
This one because it's butter yellow and lavender...one of my favorite color combinations.


I like the belt and the stripes. It kind of resembles this gown from "The Duchess", except that this one is a zone front.


I like the pink and the flowers on this one.
I'm not sure why I like this one...something about the subtle color combination and the trim, although not particularly crazy about the straight across bottom on the stomacher - I think I would bring it to a point...


I like everything about this dress...the trim, the color combination, the style...



This dress mostly because it is my two favorite colors of blue and purple, but it has some interesting trim and texture as well...


I'm not generally interested in the Baroque period, but having watched a couple of movies set in the time of Charles II, and read about another seamstresses adventure in making a dress from this period, I can say I was a bit intrigued...If I was ever to make a dress from this era, I like the one in this painting of Catherine of Braganza, wife of Charles II, mostly I think because it's pink...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment